CAMERA COMPATIBILITY UPDATE: RX-100 III / IV / V
MDX-RX100 lll housings with serial numbers higher than 0201 (last four digits) are compatible with both the SONY DSC-RX100 lll and lV cameras.
* Boxes for compatible housings are marked with ● in front of the product label.
* MDX-RX100 lll housings that are not compatible with the SONY DSC-RX100 lV camera can be converted for a fee.
Accessory lenses or filters with M67 screw mount can be fitted on the port.
The port is threaded so the M67 Wide-Angle Conversion Lens 0.6x can be mounted directly.
* Angle of view increases from 24mm (35mm film camera equivalent/aspect ratio 3:2) to approximately 18mm when the M67 Wide-angle Conversion Lens 0.6x is mounted.
* When the lens is used at its widest angle, vignetting (dimming) will occur in the corners of the image. Zoom in slightly to telephoto (approx. image angle of 30mm) to eliminate vignetting.
Two built-in SA8 Fixed Ball Base mount locations
By attaching a SA8 Fixed Ball Base to the specially designated mounts (located on the top and the side of the housing) SA8 ball-arm components can be mounted to the housing without needing a grip or tray. Mounting the SA8 Accessory Shoe Ball Base provides even more versatile lighting options. Additional strobe or modelling lights can be used.
LCD Monitor Hood with Lens can be fitted
The LCD Hood reduces reflections and provides a clear and complete view of the camera's LCD screen.
- All camera functions can be operated underwater.
- The large dial on the housing front connects to the camera's control ring and smoothly operates manual focus and other functions. The multi-purpose control wheel on the camera's rear is operated by the multi-point controller on the back of the housing. All controls can easily be reached and operated with your right hand.
- The camera's built-in flash can be activated and deactivated from the housing.
- Equipped with two Fiber-Optic Cable sockets.
- Optional Leak Sensor can be built into the housing. Its LED lamp is located in the LCD monitor window and alerts you to any water ingress.
The sensor immediately alerts you to any water leakage when the super-bright LED lights up.
- Equipped with two sacrificial zinc diodes (one on the front case and the second on the rear) to avoid electrolysis damage.
Sacrificial Zinc Anode (2 pieces)
- The camera can be mounted in the housing with SONY's accessory "AG-R2" grip attached, so allowing comfy, stable use on land when required.
- Anti-slip rubber piece located on the upper right-hand rear case, helps hold the housing steady.
- The housing is easily opened and locked with the rotary latch and hinge.
- External strobe or light can be mounted by attaching an SA8 Tray & Grip #2118 to the tripod socket on the bottom of the housing.
- Depth rating of 100m/330ft makes the housing ideal for tech diving.
Construction: Corrosion-resistant aluminium alloy, galvanized (black)
Depth Rating: 100m/330ft
Dimensions (WxHxD): 147 x 103 x 127mm (including port)
Weight: Approx. 930g (housing only)
Compatible Strobes: YS-01 - YS-02 - YS-110a - YS-D1