This product is trade only, if you have a trade account please login. If you would like to request trade membership click here.
ML MOUNT UNDERWATER HOUSING FOR THE SONY a7II FULL-FRAME MIRRORLESS CAMERA; COMPATIBLE WITH THE OPTICAL YS CONVERTER/S1.
CAMERA COMPATIBILITY UPDATE: a7II, a7RII & a7sRII CAMERAS
MDX-a7ll housings with the following serial numbers (last four digits) are compatible with SONY a7ll, a7Rll and a7sRll cameras; 0011-0013, 0019-0022, 0037-0044, 0049-0060, 0062-0073, 0076 and above.
* Boxes for compatible housings are marked with ● or a green coloured sticker in front of the product label.
* MDX-a7 ll housings that are not compatible with SONY a7RII and a7sRII cameras can be converted for a fee.
Optical YS Converter/S1
The Optical YS Converter/S1 is compatible with SONY a7ll, a7Rll and a7sRll cameras in compatible MDX-a7ll housings
Compatible with the new Optical YS Converter/S1 for MDX housings.
The Optical YS Converter converts the camera's TTL signal to a light signal and allows for TTL and manual strobe photography when using a Fiber-Optic Cable ll.
* Because the the Optical YS Converter/S1 is not a drop-in module, installation and removal must be completed by an official SEA&SEA service centre. Please contact your local official SEA&SEA for more onformation.
* Fiber-Optic Cable ll is required when using the Optical YS Converter.
* SONY's own shoe adapter "ADP-MAA" is required to connect the camera and the Optical YS Converter.
Compatible with both VF180 and VF45 1.2x Viewfinders
Using the VF180 (#46112) or VF45 (#46111) viewfinders increases magnification by 1.2x and provides a full field of view. The VF180 and VF45 are recommended for users dedicated to strict composition and focusing.
* Some vignetting occurs.
Compatible with FE series lenses designed for full-frame sensor cameras
In addition to various E-mount lenses, the camera and housing are compatible with FE series lenses for full-frame image sensor cameras via the new ML-NX Conversion Ring 30 (details to be announced).
Scheduled to be compatible with the following lenses:
SEL55F18Z Sonnar T* FE 55mm F1.8 ZA
SEL2870 FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
SEL1635Z Vario-Tessar T* FE16-35mm F4 ZA OSS
FE28mm F2 + FE Ultra-Wide Converter
FE28mm F2 + FE Fisheye Converter
SEL35F14Z Distagon T* FE 35mm F1.4 ZA
FE90mm F2.8 Macro G OSS
Major controls, including levers and buttons, will glow in dark conditions.
The camera's diopter-adjustment dial can be operated from the housing. This feature is effective when two or more people (with different eyesight) use the housing.
Equipped with Adaptable Focus/Zoom Gear Mechanism
When the focus/zoom dial is pulled outwards, the gear mechanism inside the housing moves outward and allows large diameter lenses to be easily mounted.
Main Dials Equipped with Damper Springs
The front dial, rear dial, diopter-adjustment dial and AF/MF/AEL switch lever all have spring-loaded dampers to provide secure operation.
- Equipped with two fiber-optic cable sockets.
- All camera functions can be used underwater.
- The camera's LCD monitor can be tilted up to 10 degrees.
- Front case equipped with a lens-lock release button. This allows lenses to be changed easily without opening the housing.
- The housing has two accessory ports. One is designed for N-type (two-pin connected) strobe connector and the other is designed for HDMI output.
- The port lock can be activated (lock and unlock) from outside the housing.
- The camera's lens-lock release button is accessible from the outside of the housing.
- The multi-selector has been positioned on the right side of the rear case making it easily accessible while holding the grip, just like operating the camera directly.
- Equipped with two sacrificial zinc diodes to avoid electrolysis damage (one on the front case and one the rear).
- The mounting screw hole is located on the centre underside of the housing.
- Equipped with the Optical Viewfinder 0.5x as standard. Other optional viewfinders may be used.
- Built-in leak sensor immediately alerts you to water ingress.
- A depth rating of 100m makes the housing ideal for tech diving.
*1 The housing is not equipped with a strobe connector when shipped from the factory. Use Fiber-optic Cables when connecting external strobes. The Optional Sync Cord 2-pin Connector (#50122) is required if you with to use a conventional hardwired sync cable.
Body Construction: Corrosion-resistant aluminium alloy (machined)
Grips Construction: corrosion-resistant die-cast aluminium alloy
Depth Rating: 100m Dimensions, including port: (W x H x D): 325 x 160 x 104mm
Weight: Approx. With Grips: 2,250g . - Without Grips: 1,860g